For plan year 2024, most individual health insurance plans in Maine will use a “Clear Choice” (“CC”) plan design. Each Clear Choice plan uses the same standardized, cost-sharing design, meaning that Clear Choice plans have the same deductible, copays, and co-insurance for medical services, no matter which health insurance company offers the plan.
This design allows consumers to focus on which plans best meet their wants and needs, including available provider networks and monthly premiums, knowing that the level of coverage provided is the same across insurance companies. All plans cover the same essential benefits, and quality of care will not be affected based on which plan you have.
The Clear Choice plan designs being offered on CoverME.gov for plan year 2024 are:
- Bronze - $9,450 deductible
- Bronze - $7,500 deductible
- Bronze - $7,200 deductible – HSA Compatible
- Bronze - $6,300 deductible – HSA Compatible
- Bronze - $5,900 deductible – HSA Compatible
- Silver - $5,500 deductible
- Silver - $4,200 deductible
- Silver - $3,500 deductible
- Silver - $3,000 deductible
- Silver -$4,500 deductible – HSA Compatible
- Silver -$4,000 deductible – HSA Compatible
- Gold - $2,500 deductible
- Gold - $1,500 deductible
The Maine Bureau of Insurance provides a detailed chart of Clear Choice Plan Designs for 2024 (PDF).